Friday, November 28, 2008

powerofreverb - shiny objects

Back in the day; in the mid 90's; I was a much younger man. My pursuit of a life of art and culture and love seemed equistation; galant.
I won the affection of many maiden's put I was always ill at ease. My art was dis-focused and under-exposed...(what has really changed).
I met my first wife in these days. We rushed through courtship and got to know each other while she was carrying our first child (that's her on the cover, she was 22 when that photo was taken; taken in Manhattan).

I met Scott Carol through a mutual friend Steve. Steve and I lived with Matt in a house with a half-pipe next door on Boulevard in Grant Park. This was when EAV just Heaping Bowl and Park Central Pizza.
Anyways, Scott and his girlfriend Becka would come over almost everynight; we'd drink and play loud music till like 3 in the morning while the girls hung out, tried to watch TV and made pot brownies while swiggin' 40's (JK)। We formed as Mercy Seat and made a ton of recordings on a real to real and on cassette recorders; one of those tracks made it to the powerofreverb demo; shiny object's.

It was called Norwigian Eyes... it uses rich echo guitar, nice and warm Marshall amplification; and a nice tambourine.


Here's the download


The other three cuts are tape loops and mixes done with my trusty Tascam 4-Track. I loved that thing!


**** Lost In Tribeca is a warm, fuzzy memory of Cindy and I and our vacations in Manhattan, holding hands and smoking Marlboro Reds while shopping in Soho and on the Lower East Side; before Brooklyn was hipster heaven of course. It was recorded in our trailer in Sugar Hill, GA. Joey's drums are slightly audible but perfect. The warm reverb from my 71 twin running thru a 90's Vox wah, is very nice. grab a cup of coffee; ouch it's too hot


download ***

- Lost In Tribeca is currently misssing, sorry - 3.20.10



Channel has interesting texture to it; it's got this great flute in it; and I want to think I overdubbed it with Cindy's Yamaha keyboard from the 80's. It sounds like Bradford could have influenced it but he probably was probably in High School and we hadn't met. big boom for bass (I would drop E on my jazzmaster and do bass overdubs with it).


dwnld it हियर



This last jam from the CDR was a song I used to skip over all the time in the car, too spooky; I thought. It's all about loneliness and obscurity... and this is while I was 26 married with a young son and wife, employed and promoted....hmmm
Of course these concepts still common in my work today. Of course now I am 37, divorced and unemployed; so go figure.

Surprisingly the track was titled All alone

downer



Oh, ps... that email address listed on the inserts and covers; no bueno Haven't logged into it in years, couldn't even recall the passport. If your further interested communicate thru the blog.

One, last thing; if you think I'm nastalgizing about the past with what I said about Cindy and stuff; FU.

No comments:

Hi. If this is your first time here, be sure to check out the Guide to 85 Lives... it'll help you navigate thru the content, of course you can just browse and click all day if you want to, that's fine.

If you wanna go straight to the hits, go to scarrzz.

If you want to book, collaborate, or simply communicate with any of the artist listed here, let us know, we're open to playing festivals and traveling to see you.