Thursday, July 3, 2008

BSWS

I've got to say this quick; Morrissey's suedehead is on indie 103 and my top of the morning depression and longing is starting to fade... and I was so counting on it to help me explain to you the BSWS story.

In the fall of 2007, I became unemployed (and opted to stay that way since I had the means and was facing a Christmas divorce - thanks santa).

This is the weeks after the Los Angeles Detour 2007 festival and Zee LC.

Black Socks White Shoes was a depression soaked electo music. It wasn't quite suicidal; it still had money in the bank and was looking forward to 2008 in Silverlake.

Joanna Nesbitt, a special person I met a hot Thursday August night during the summer of 2007 at El Bar instantly liked the title. Here's some of BSWS's highlights.

Sorry, I can't dialogue more, the feeling's gone.







All I ever really wanted was you:


All I ever really wanted was you was clearly written out of longing for my dear first wife, Cindy. I was waking up everyday in the house I bought her seeing her dance and love and our children crawl, walk, run and have Christmas where I was now lost and alone. At the time of this writing I am over her but for some reason have been haunted by her the last two nights.
Only time will prove weather or not those were the best years of my life. It has to get better than this.



quick-note about the art:: it's all original (of course) and each track came with it's only BSWS shade, as seen here...




PS130:




PS130 is actually from the Bible; Psalms 130:

Hope in the LORD's Redemption
A Song of degrees.

Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.

2 Lord, hear my voice:
let thine ears be attentive
to the voice of my supplications.

3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities,
O Lord, who shall stand?
4 But there is forgiveness with thee,
that thou mayest be feared.

5 I wait for the LORD,
my soul doth wait,
and in his word do I hope.

6 My soul waiteth for the Lord
more than they that watch for the morning:
I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

7 Let Israel hope in the LORD:
for with the LORD there is mercy,
and with him is plenteous redemption.

8 And he shall redeem Israel
from all his iniquities.

Deep dark stuff.... hopeful, true; but still dark and longing.

No comments:

Hi. If this is your first time here, be sure to check out the Guide to 85 Lives... it'll help you navigate thru the content, of course you can just browse and click all day if you want to, that's fine.

If you wanna go straight to the hits, go to scarrzz.

If you want to book, collaborate, or simply communicate with any of the artist listed here, let us know, we're open to playing festivals and traveling to see you.